Welcome to The Institute of Chinese Culture
Dear ICC Family,
2020-21 academic year update (12/07/2020)
ICC students can pre-register their courses and pay tuition online for next semester starting on Monday, 7th December. The 2021 spring semester will start on Saturday, January 9, 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue our remote learning until further notice.
Following are the links for:
I. Registration for returning family:
Please register using the above link if you have conducted online registration last semester. The login name is your phone number with area code and the password is usually your phone number without area code (no hyphen or space; 7 digits).
II. Registration for the new family:
Choose “Sign Up New ICC Member Account” and fill up the application form.
- On the member application form, the cell/ home phone number that you fill in will become your default login ID.
- You can set your password (at least 8 characters: ex. 65432100) at the end of the application form. Before you submit your application, you might want to print your application form for future reference.
- After you fill up the member application form, you can log off and wait for our admin to send you an approval email.
- After your member application is approved, please connect to the above online registration link again. This time, however, choose “Complete My Online Registration” followed by login using your login ID and password. To complete the online registration, you are supposed to click three checkboxes to give consent to the ICC registration policy, ICC photo policy, and registration reminder before submitting your registration form.
III. Online payment:
Click on “Make Online Payment” link using is your login information to make online payment after registration data has been approved by the admin. Twenty dollars registration fee is waived if online payment is received before December 31, 2020.
- You can make online payment only after your registration data has been approved; you will receive an email to notify you for online payment.
- We no longer accept checks or cash payments by mail. If you have already sent out the check by mail, we will hold your check and send the check back to you or shred the check after you made your online payment.
- There is NO additional charge for making online payments through our website using PayPal, debit card, or credit card unless you request a refund.
- If you have difficulty paying the tuition due to the financial crisis caused by COVID-19 pandemic, please don’t hesitate to contact me or the corresponding teacher. I will try my best to help you go through this difficult time.
Information regarding COVID-19 as well as other diseases are updated in the following website on the daily bases.
- hns Hopkins University dashboard provides global pandemic information: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- The TMC link reports the coronavirus numbers in the Greater Houston area, Harris County and Texas: https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/daily-new-covid-19-positive-cases-for-the-greater-houston-area/
- You can learn about how to cope with COVID-19 outbreak and other disease from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
I wish you and your family safe and healthy through these unusual times.
從12月7日星期一開始，ICC學生可以預先註冊下學期課程並在線上支付下一學期的學費。 2021年春季班將於2021年1月9日（星期六）開始。由於COVID-19大流行，我們將繼續進行遠程學習，直到另行通知。從學齡前至五年級的漢語課程的上課時間為9:30 AM至11:20 AM。六年級至12年級的時間是9:30 AM至12:20 PM。
如果您沒有做過線上註冊請選擇“Sign Up New ICC Member Account”並填寫申請表。
4.您的會員申批准請後，請再次連接到上面的在線註冊鏈接。但是，這次選擇“Complete My Online Registration”然後使用您的登錄ID和密碼登錄完成在線註冊，您必須點擊三個選框以表示同意ICC註冊政策，ICC照片政策和註冊提醒，然後再提交註冊表格。
在收到管理員批准註冊通知後，請您點擊以上鏈接，登錄後請點擊“Make Online Payment” 進行線上支付。線上支付如果在2020年12月31日完成就可減免$20註冊費。
Dr. Ken-Shiung Chen
The Institute of Chinese Culture (ICC) is incorporated in Texas in 1970 and organized as a non-profit institute for educational purposes. Our mission is to enhance an appreciation of Chinese language and culture through the operation of a Chinese-language school and such other means as may be determined by the board from time to time.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The Institute of Chinese Culture shall not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, or religion in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policy, scholarship and loan program, and athletic and other programs.
The Institute of Chinese Culture (ICC), established in 1970, is Houston’s first Chinese language school. The primary courses offered at ICC are Chinese classes in either traditional (with Zhuyin) or simplified (with Pinyin) format. The curriculum covers ages from preschool (three and a half years old) through 12th grade. Classroom activities include listening, speaking, reading, and writing comprehension. The 6th through 12th grade curriculum is further enhanced with a cultural class program.
Additional classes, such as mathematics, art, English writing, piano, and Junior Achievement, are also available. The goal is to assist students with regular school work, introduce them to Chinese culture and fine arts, and provide leadership skills training. Classes are offered in the fall and spring semesters during the school year. For adults, we also offer courses such as Chinese, French, Tai-Chi, and art.
For adults, we also offer courses such as Chinese, French, Tai-Chi, and art. In addition, starting from 2019 summer we have established ICC preschool (http://iccschooltx.org/) which provides an immersion language learning environment for toddlers(2-3years old), preschool(4 years old) and kindergarten (5 years old) students.
ICC Address: 10550 Westoffice Dr. Houston, Texas, 77042